Thursday, February 9, 2012

HUGGING YOU

Below is a poem written a few years ago to my valentine, Dave. "He's a great hugger," my Aunt Annie told me when she first met Dave. We went to visit her in PA after we were married and she hosted a wedding reception for us. Aunt Annie, in her 80's now, knew from just one hug that I had made a good choice. She's right. Hope you all have hugs this Valentine's Day that remind you of what a gift it is to be loved.


Hugging You

is like diving
into an envelope

stationery
folded neatly in thirds
words tucked in

wrapped in ribbon
for safe-keeping

Share how you feel about hugs.

5 comments:

Amber Lea Starfire said...

Sweet poem. Dave must have loved it!

barb bits said...

Thanks, Amber. Dave does love it and I love his hugs.

barb bits said...

Xan sent me this comment in an email.

"Love your Valentine poem. Hallmark should hire you."

patsyann@sonic.net said...

I love this poem and I love hugs. I once read that for good mental health a person needed at least four hugs each day.
That is why I hug even people I don't know well. I want those four embraces and like to pass them on.
Thank you for reminding me about the power of hugs.
Good job!
Hugs from Patsy

barb bits said...

Thanks and hugs to you Patsy.